Tuesday, May 19, 2009

For some, an end; for others, the beginning

I'm really proud of the class of 2009. Not that I know everyone who ever graduated in every state in every city, both high school, undergrad, and graduate programs, but the select few that I know, I am very proud of them!

For instance, take Andrew. Man, what a guy! Two years and it's like we grew up together. Good times, eh bro? I can't wait to see you! Definitely VERY proud of this dude.

And the rest of the Geneva graduates- it was awesome to see you walk across that stage, especially the ones I got to know a little bit through Focus. Congrats!

And then there's my brother, Sam. He crammed his college life into 5 years and that includes Air Force ROTC. And morning PT. And shining your shoes. And being commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant. And being married for a year. And becoming a godparent. And wii as well as the rest of all the games you master. I can't say enough about this kid.



Of course, Sam's lovely wife, Leslie. How have you put up with Sam and the rest of us DeLongs?! :) You must be very special in a number of ways... plus having the eyes of Audrey Hepburn. And Muffins. Thanks for being my brother's best friend.

So here's to you, class of 2009. You're the last class to graduate with the glasses so you you can have your eyeballs in the middle of your graduating year and the two digits on the side of your head. 2010 just won't be the same.

This month also marks the end of my time with Zynga's Texas Hold 'Em. I'm graduating from spending so much time worrying about getting to the next tier and achieving my diploma: Masters in Daddying. It will also free up time for me to spend with my wife and I'm guessing she will appreciate that as well. Poker: ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment