Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

I want to thank all of you who sent me a Mother's Day card. You know, it's not easy raising a child while your spouse is out on the job having fun and seeing people! But someone's gotta take one for the team. Although no one actually sent me a card, I'm sure several people meant to as well as a couple others whose got lost in the mail. Don't worry- I'll be okay.

I did, however, make a delicious breakfast for Danielle: fresh fruit (strawberries & cantaloupe), oatmeal with blueberries, toast, and scrambled eggs. Of course I made enough for the two of us so we munched on a little bit of everything. The meal was accompanied by a card which Caleb picked out (I gauge his smile/laughter meter when I present to him the card selections) and a bouquet of flowers including irises, pink daisies, and 3 white roses.



After church, my parents along with my family went to lunch at The Docks. We chose the Real Seafood Company and I had some of the BEST lobster ever! We finished off the meal by taking pictures and walking to Rhino's Coffee & Chocolate Bar where I found the most delicious dark chocolate mocha with a side of raspberry and dark chocolate truffles. What a mother's day it was!



And I do feel bad that I'm not posting devotions and all that I started out to do. But I just haven't had the deep thoughts I thought I'd like to share. So I guess this blog will become more personal. That way I can feel free to post more often. And play more poker.

1 comment:

  1. What we really need is a "stay at home parent" day. Then everyone would be covered. :)

    And young man, you quit playing poker! Or else! :P

    ReplyDelete