Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to You!


Happy Birthday, Sammy boy! Turning 23 today, eh? I remember that age. Young, wild & untamed, not concerned about the big 3-0 coming up next year... still able to run and not hurt myself, newlyweds... but enough about me- this is to you.

You're a still-on-the-honeymoon newlywed, you're graduating from Cedarville in 2 weeks and you're getting your training in Security Forces. Go NCIS! ... just in the Air Force. Ah, Mr. Clean. You're the "rice is my life" guy. And here's to wearing sweatpants instead of jeans for your adolescent years. Do you remember wanting to be the guy that changes the stoplights? Or the guy who lives in an ATM giving out money? Don't worry about how much it costs to live in a cemetary- it's free for you when you get to go there. Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't stop you when you sledded past me. I remember being upset with you and hitting you on the head with my plastic & empty mountain dew bottle only to realize I hit you with the hard cap. That was mean and I meant it to be- I'm sorry. Although it's not like the time I told Jon to sit on a pen I was pointing up in the suburban thinking it would just go up his butt. Yeah- it didn't; sorry about that Jon.

Don't you have a couple inventions to work on? And if you don't get to it, I'm going to make mad cash off that movie idea you have about the teacher and the skateboard dude. I'll slide you 3%- how's that sound? In honor of you, today I'll watch commercials and realize I had that idea first, recite movie lines as conversation, and play lots of video games.

Love you bro.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. You know your brother well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Benny Boy, it's Sam. Thank you so much for that post, and for coming down this weekend. It's funny the things you remember from your childhood, but I remember you were a great brother; the best oldest brother I know. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete