Friday, April 10, 2009

Didn't Work

Well, as you can see, I haven't blogged this week (since my birthday). And as you can see from my facebook, I HAVE, in fact, been playing poker. My priorities were NOT in the right place this week.

Wednesday was my love's birthday and did okay- brought flowers (and Caleb) to her new job and got to spend an hour or so with her. That was fun! Cooked dinner (made tacos) and ate some leftover dessert from my birthday two days prior. Also got her something we couldn't afford so I'm taking it back to the store today; smart thinking on her part.

Caleb is the cutest I've ever seen him. Yesterday he was reintroduced to a Christmas toy from Grandpa Marzano. It's a driving toy and makes noise when you play with it. And when you don't play with it, it's quiet. Except for about 30 seconds after he stops playing with it, it comes to life to enchant him once again. This worked out for my benefit and pleasure (even as it is now) and here's why: if you know Caleb, you know he LOVES cables. Here's how it went. Caleb played with the steering wheel but then spied some cables. He ran off to get them (about 10 feet away) and the driving toy came back to life singing "Come play with me!". So he hurried back over those 10 feet to the wheel to steer himself to victory. Having accomplished that, it was back to the ever-luring cables. Only to be greatly distracted by the toy once again. Back and forth, from the wheel to the cables, Caleb went. About six times he crawled across the room and back. Again, this was his good excercise and for my humor (is it wrong to laugh at your child?). Maybe I'll get this on video next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment